Our vision is the ongoing management and enhancement of Edgars Creek, between Edwardes Lake and its confluence with Merri Creek, as an informal and secluded bushland reserve, in a manner sympathetic to its unique geology, indigenous biodiversity and community.
To achieve our vision, we:
- Establish resilient ecological vegetation class (EVC) habitat areas by consolidating restoration effort in a six key project areas.
- Increase biodiversity by establishing a range of ecological vegetation class (EVC) projects indigenous to the area.
- Protect remnant vegetation by focusing restoration project areas around significant remnant specimens or communities.
- Link fragmented habitat areas by ‘growing out’ project areas over time.
- Improve the landscape values associated with significant geological landforms, particularly those identified in Victoria’s Resource Atlas.
- Reduce the impact of urban development on the ‘secluded bushland character’ of the Creek Reserve through appropriate ‘buffer’ planting.
- Maximise the effectiveness of maintenance through intensive, localised effort to reduce the impact of invasive weeds and pests.
- Sustain local community involvement through self-management, education to build capacity for ‘knowledgeable’ custodianship and targeted complementary land management agency support.
To help improve the environmental and recreational quality of the Edgars Creek reserve by:
- advocating for the management of this important waterway as an entire freshwater ecosystem;
- working with local Councils and Melbourne Water to ensure any maintenance and development works to deliver a real and direct benefit to the creek corridor;
- organising and facilitating events for the community to be involved in restoration works and environmental education; and
- communicating with developers to ensure they understand how strongly the community values the creek reserve from both an environmental and recreational perspective.
Download a copy of our constitution.
President – David Pavone
Treasurer – To be appointed
Secretary – Robert Urquhart
Contact any of the committee members via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Works Manager – Ben Davis
Website / Media Co-ordinating Manager – Lisa Davis
Catering – Julie Brown and Margaret Golder
Scott Fry will join the committee as an ordinary member attendee
Download a copy of the 2021 AGM minutes. The 2022 AGM minutes will be available soon.
Melbourne Water – www.melbournewater.com.au
Moreland City Council – www.moreland.vic.gov.au
Friends of Merri Creek (FoMC) – www.friendsofmerricreek.org.au
Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek – mooneepondscreek.org.au
Darebin City Council – www.darebin.vic.gov.au
Merri Creek Management Committee – www.mcmc.org.au
Merri and Edgars Creek Confluence Restoration Group (MECCARG ) – www.facebook.com/meccarg